Attention Local Designers!posted Monday, January 10 by
Once again, we are looking to the LOCALS for the answers!
The Challenge: Create ‘Eat Local First’ Campaign Logo
The Opportunity: Winner will receive 2 Free Tickets to the EIL Farm-to-Table Dinner ($200), a complimentary Business 2.0 membership, public recognition and good karma, local style
The ‘Eat Local First’ weeklong campaign is being planned for May 2011 and will include a kick-off event showcasing local beer, a celebrity chef cook-off, local food specials at selected independent restaurants, educational seminars and a Farm-to-Table dinner.
The chosen logo will communicate enthusiasm for local business, local food sourcing and DC. It should resonate with audiences of all ages and types: residents, food enthusiasts, government and corporate decision-makers and other stakeholders who share concerns and passion for local business and local food sourcing.
Submissions for the Eat Local First logo will be accepted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org until midnight, February 13, 2011. All entries for the contest should follow the rules and format listed below.
Eat Local First Logo Contest Official Rules
This document describes the official rules (“Official Rules”) of the Eat Local First Logo Design Contest (the “Contest”) organized by Think Local First (“TLF”). The objective of this contest is to design a logo for the Eat it Local campaign, a weeklong celebration of locally sourced food and food providers in DC. Information on how to enter and about the prizes is part of these Official Rules. To the extent of any inconsistency, these Official Rules prevail.
Definitions “Entry” means a logo design created by the Entrant for this Contest.
“Entrant” means the individual that offers the Entry under the terms of this Contest.
1. The Contest is open to individuals, businesses, and organizations that live or whose ownership resides within 50 miles of Washington DC.
2. Members of the Think Local First (TLF) Eat Local First Marketing Committee (EILMC), the contest judges and their immediate family are not eligible to enter the Contest.
3. Entrants must be of sufficient legal age and standing to enter into a contract with TLF as required below.
How to Enter
1. Initial entries must be submitted by email to email@example.com. The entries must be submitted as a scalable vector graphic in EPS format, and also as a JPG. See the Submission Guidelines below for further information.
2. The email must include the name, age, postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant.
3. No more than 3 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
4. Entries must conform to the Submission Guidelines set out below. Entries which fail to do so will be rejected.
5. The deadline for Entries is midnight February 13, 2011.
6. We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
7. There is no fee to enter the Contest.
The purpose of the contest is to design a logo for the Eat Local First campaign. The logo will be used online, in print and on various event merchandise. Flexibility is a key requirement, including the need to resize easily and to look good in black and white as well as color. The final version of the logo will need to be suitable for high quality printing.
The logo needs to look good at relatively small sizes.
The logo must also contain the words “Eat Local First”.
Due to the requirements for high quality printing and re-sizing Entries must be submitted in scalable vector graphic format (EPS). We advise against the use of halftones and gradients unless created inside a vector graphics program. Color in this version must be CMYK, no spot colors.
JPGs 1000 pixels square of the logo and “winner” variant are also requested so that entries can be posted to TLF websites without the need for conversion.
The limit on attachment sizes for our email is 5MB. If your submission exceeds this size, even after compression, please send the images individually and note clearly in your emails that you are doing so.
The winning designer will receive:
1. Two Free Tickets to the Eat Local First Farm-to-Table Dinner ($200 value)
2. Business 2.0 Membership to Think Local First ($250 value)
3. The right to use the basic logo and identify him/herself as the logo designer.
4. Press, recognition and good LOCAL karma!
Judging and Selection of Winner
1. The winning design will be selected by judges appointed for the purpose and by the EILMC. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered into.
2. TLF reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable entries are received.
3. TLF reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No correspondence shall be entered into.
4. The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to TLF.
5. Accepting the prize constitutes permission for TLF to make public and otherwise use winner’s name for publicity purposes. Further personal data may be requested but is not required.
1. All submitted work must be original and not based on any pre-existing design.
2. All Entries will become the sole property of TLF and may be displayed publicly on TLF websites.
Participation constitutes the Entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules. By participating in the Contest, the Entrant is representing and warranting that he/she has read and understood, and agrees to be bound by, these rules. Including the guides and rules referred to herein, these Official Rules constitute the entire agreement between the Entrant and TLF in relation to the Contest. They govern the Entrant’s participation and supersede any prior or other agreements between the Entrant and TLF and relating to the Contest.