Meet Maddy Beckwith, Localistposted Tuesday, November 08 by
Born & raised in New York, Maddy Beckwith spreads now her local love daily by eating, working and playing in DC. Want to know what she is doing when she isn’t working for the local nonprofit FRESHFARM Markets? Well, here are a few of her favorite LOCAL spots. . .
1. Patso’s twist on the negroni at American Ice Company.
2. Arugula grown by Truck Patch Farm and sold at 14th & U street Farmers Market.
3. Quaker Valley Orchards tart cherry jam over “Blue Ridge Dairy”http://www.brdairy.com/ ricotta; both can be found at Dupont Circle FRESHFARM Market.
4. Mike Isabella’s chestnut agnolotti with butternut squash, brussels sprouts leaves and brown butter at Graffiato.
5. A burger at the bar at Marvin, served with applewood smoked bacon, havarti cheese and house made pickles.
Are you a localist?
Join our movement!
A $25 donation to Think Local First helps us support, advocate for and promote the locally owned business that make up the mosaic that is our community. In addition to spreading positive community activist, your localist donation gets you discounts at all of our events, first dibs on local scoop and is sure to put you high on the karma list!
Plus, you get to promote your favorite business. Weekly we share our localist’s leaks. Send us your favorite local finds to Stacey at firstname.lastname@example.org: email@example.com.
Think Local First DC (TLF) is kicking off its first-ever campaign to save small and local DC businesses money on energy. Called Power to Save, the effort provides businesses with simple, easy ways to immediately reduce their energy costs and enhance their sustainability.